2021 | Livermore Valley | Cracker Box Vineyards
When the grapes speak, we listen. And when walking through the Cracker Box vineyard in August of 2021, we tasted some grapes that told us exactly what they wanted to be transformed into: ROSÉ!
Flavors of refreshing pink grapefruit is complemented by hints of fresh rose petals. Strawberries and gogi berries add a balance of beautiful tartness and refreshing sweet notes to round out the palate. Bright acidity and sultry floral essence make this the perfect pairing for Summer days spent with dear friends.
Cheese: Fresh Burrata
Mediterranean Baked Dijon Salmon
recipe courtesy of unicorns in the kitchen
serves: 4 | total time: 25-30 min
1.5 lb salmon
⅓ cup dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon capers
1 lemon sliced
1. Heat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, dill, garlic and capers.
4. Slather the salmon with the dijon mixture using a silicon brush. Top with a few lemon slices if desired.
5. Bake dijon salmon in the oven for 18-23 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. The salmon is ready once it's light in color and flakes easily with a fork.