CARING ON CARIGNAN
2021 | Contra Costa Co | Sandy Lane Vineyards
Some days we just want to grab some glasses, open a beautiful bottle, and enjoy time spent with our favorite people. These are the days for which Caring On Carignan was made. When you crave a little connection, are feeling a bit daring and courageous, and just want to revel in the moment, turn to Caring On Carignan.
Full of bold flavors like blueberry jam, fresh boysenberries just off the vine, each bottle of Carignan is delightful on its own. Hints of forest floor, fresh bark, and salted caramels add further complexity. Surprisingly, this inspiringly adventurous wine is a stunning complement to bright spices from around the world.
Cheese: Herbed Gourney
A percentage of sales from each bottle is donated to Tri Valley Haven - an incredible organization working directly in our community.
recipe courtesy of the mediterranean dish
serves: 4-6 | total time: 65 min
1 ½ tbsp all-natural Ras El Hanout
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp ground ginger
½ to 1 teaspoon black pepper
3 ½ lb whole chicken cut into bone-in pieces (or 7 to 8 pieces of chicken with bone in. Leave skin on or remove it, up to you.)
Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow on ion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 oz/28.3 g chopped fresh cilantro
1 lemon, thinly sliced (or 1 preserved lemon, cut up into small pieces)
¾ cup/ 58.5 g pitted green olives
¼ cup/37 g raisins (any kind)
¼ cup/ 47 g chopped dry apricots
3 tbsp/49.14 g tomato paste
1 ½ cup 352.5 ml low-sodium chicken broth
Toasted slivered almonds, to your liking, optional
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon capers
1 lemon sliced
1. Heat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, dill, garlic and capers.
4. Slather the salmon with the dijon mixture using a silicon brush. Top with a few lemon slices if desired.
5. Bake dijon salmon in the oven for 18-23 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. The salmon is ready once it's light in color and flakes easily with a fork.